I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years. Ours was quiet but very nice. We are finally starting to adjust to our new surroundings, even the dog and cat are quite settled now. The sewing room is pretty much back in order, “organized chaos” I like to call it lol. At the moment, I’m working on a commissioned blanket for a toddler who is moving into his new “big boy” bed soon. A big change for him I’m sure!
Our youngest son and family are coming to visit us today actually and will be here for about 5 days or so. Haven’t seen them in 6 months! So excited!
As usual, I will be putting the Christmas items on the back burner until next fall when I also will be adding more new things to it. Christmas is the only holiday I make specialized items for. This year, I would like to focus more on baby blankets and mug rugs. I love mug rugs, they are fun to make and I want to come up with some more creative ideas for them.
UPDATE: These are some of the things I’m thinking of trying:
- Shopping cart “nests” (for baby while riding in shopping cart) – just going to make a commissioned one for now.
- Bus seat pads (a warm little pad for those cold metal bus stop benches) – just doing a trial on these right now.
- Dish pads (an alternative for dish racks) – got some in the works
- More Microwave bowl cozy’s (in two sizes) – soon
- Potato/corn bags (microwavable bags to make baked potatoes or corn in) – maybe/down the road